May 7, 2010

Communication Rocks!



My brother Oliver is a geoligist and he will be so delighted that I am finally dedicating a post to Rocks. As he predicted I would someday do... Anyway Oliver you were right, Geology Rocks!
The weather here in Ireland is not yet warm enough to go swimming or even paddling but it is lovely to go to the beach anyway. And here is a project to do next time you visit your local pebbley beach with some young kids in tow!


What you need:
Nokia shaped rocks
A marker


What to do:
Draw on a screen and buttons with numbers. Tada! Now you have your very own stone age mobile phone! If only there was better reception at the seaside.



You can leave you mobiles at the beach for other kids to find if you don't want to walk home carrying them! Have a lovely weekend!


Lilly x

6 comments:

  1. A brother as well as all the wonderful sisters! And I'd be charmed to find one of those stone mobiles left on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! It's so easy to entertain kids when you think about it right. I hope you have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. lilly, you're a nutter! in the best possible sense of course xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forget about having a kid in tow, I'd totally do that to entertain myself! Oooh, and I could fashion some nice rock purses too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oliver says: That looks like some carboniferous mudstone or maybe more like sandstone. Both excellent communication devices.
    Sasha says: Maybe I will put some in the fish tank for the fish to use to let us know how they are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Mise, Sharon, Jess & Rachel! My bestest boy only revealed to me TODAY that he thought this was a 'crazy' idea. I'm mortified. Well someone won't be getting one of these rock mobiles for his next birthday that's for sure...
    Oliver: I did suspect it was carboniferous mudstone but you can never be too sure nowadays really.
    Sasha: The fish may not be able to use the buttons but give it a go anyway!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!x