A 23x13cm loaf tin, greased & dusted with flour
Makes 8-10 slices
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Beat the sugar & eggs until well mixed. Beat in the mashed bananas.
- Add the flour, baking powder, bicarb of soda & spices to the egg mix.
- Mix well until everything is well combined.
- Pour in the melted butter and beat until well mixed.
- Pour the mix into the prepared tin and smooth the top.
- Bake for about 1 hour, until firm to the touch.
- Leave to cool in the tin for a while before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
According to The Hummingbird Bakery cookbook (which is really good) this stuff flies off the shelves. A really gorgeous cake. I'll definitely be making it again!